The goal of the tournament is to help us improve our endgame skills since this is an area where we can improve a lot, but don't practice much. Many of our recent matches in long game and blitz game tournaments have been won and lost in the endgames. The tournament has been designed to test our skills at converting advantages into wins and fighting hard to hold a draw.
Format for each round -
- An endgame position will be presented
- The position will give a slight edge to one side
- Both players will play on each side - white & black
- 2 games between the same players with colors reversed.
- The scoring will be from 0-2 pts.
E.g. if you win one game and draw one game, you get 1,5 pts.
If you win both games, you get 2 pts.
Time Control -
- This will be determined based on number of players present.
See you on Wednesday!