Lauttasaari Chess Club is a small chess club with friendly and international atmosphere. We meet on Wednesdays at 18:30 in the club room of Lauttasaari church, Myllykallionrinne 1 D, Helsinki. The "D" door is 25 meters from the bell-tower:
Our club tournaments and club evenings are free of charge also for non-members. Beginners are given ad hoc training if needed, and extra time on the chess clock.
- Blitz 3'+02" (3 min + 2 sec increment) or 5 + 5 min (round-robin, 10–15 players) on most Wednesdays.
- Rapid chess 10'+05" or 15 + 15 min (5 rounds) on the last Wednesday of each month.
Special Wednesdays in 2017:
- 25.1. Thematic Philidor Defence tournament
- 26.4. Endgame tournament
- 24.5. Fischerandom tournament
- 26.7. Instead of club room, we play at Restaurant Seurasaari, starting already at 17:00
- 29.11. Fischerandom tournament
- 6.12. Club room is closed (Independence Day of Finland)
- 20.12. Christmas tournament, starting already at 18:00
New members and non-members alike are welcome to participate in our club tournaments and club evenings. There are excellent bus connections (enter destination Myllykallionrinne 1) between Lauttasaari and both central Helsinki and Otaniemi campus in Espoo.
Our club is a good choice, say, for exchange students who want to continue playing chess while studying in Finland. Sometimes even people just briefly visiting Helsinki have come to Lauttasaari to play a few games with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our chess club!
More information: email@example.com, tel. +358 50 4864451.